Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Weight: 156

Well this is typical. I starve myself for three days, and I get a weight gain. Nice. I'm praying that it was the sangria I drank last night at my dinner club that's causing me to retain water. Actually it could be the high salt restaurant food as well. That's it...I know it couldn't be what I ate last night, could it? Several “experts” have told me that it takes 2-3 days for food you eat to appear as a weight gain or loss. Which means Sunday and Monday's eating could be a delayed loss as well? I hope so. Who knows?

I'm starting to get worried though. I don't think my psyche is up for another failure. The last failure I had happened this winter. I signed up for 10 weeks of Weight Watchers again. I followed their plan religiously which included going to weekly meetings, journaling my food intake, eating the proper amounts of various food groups, drinking my water, etc. and I lost only 2 pounds which happened the first week. I was very discouraged, and it's taken me this long to feel truly motivated again. Now, I'm at a point where I'm starting to obsess over what I eat, and it's making me grumpy. But if I take time off from the plan...I'll probably just gain some more. What a vicious cycle.

On another note:
This weekend I read that a sign for an eating disorder is keeping track of the foods that you eat in a methodical, meticulous, journaling way.

So then my question is, why on every type of new food plan I've gone on, including Weight Watchers, which is supposed to be the best, do they want you to journal about the food you eat?

Just a thought…

To eat today:
Bkfst: Oatmeal
Lunch: Left-over spinach with pine nuts and raisins
Snack: Cheese stick or peaches (mmmmm) or both
Dinner: 4 oz. Steak? with green salad, tomatoes, carrots, red onions, and tangy tomato dressing.
H2O: 64 oz.

Positives:
1. Only have to run one errand today, so it should be easy to stick to food plan.
2. My kitchen is fully stocked, so I don't have to worry about the grocery store.
3. I have a ton of stuff to do around the house to stay busy, so I shouldn't have any down time to snack on crap.

No comments: