Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bigger, Badder and Cheesier

After having my last child I became obsessed with getting the baby weight off. I went vegetarian until I discovered my son's allergy to legumes, I did weight watcher's until I got sick of counting points, and I lastly counted calories. And anybody who diets knows, there are just some places where you have to guess what you're eating. Apparently these place are doing this on purpose and not only are they doing it on purpose, they are competing with other similar restaraunts for the "bigger, badder and cheesier" award in "appetizers, entrées and desserts." And that my friends, is how you end up with a 2000+ calorie meal when you think you're eating well.

Moral to the story? Cook for yourself.

Now I just have to learn how enjoy cooking.

Where are those take out menus?

3 comments:

Brynne said...

Cook for yourself?? I can't imagine such a thing ;)

JR's Thumbprints said...

The key is daily exercise and three well balanced meals a day. I don't believe in counting calories because you can become obsessed with it and induce hunger pains.

LiveLee said...

i'm not shocked...we all know what lite looks like [like we might still be hungry when we're done eating it], the portions alone send a message...but, just like the 'bueno beans', if its too yummy to be true, it probably is!