Monday, February 12, 2007

Yeah, I blew my diet this weekend while out of town. Who the hell cares?

I've been out of town, and I'm busy, and I'm frustrated with my body, and apparently I'm full of excuses why I haven't been here lately. I think my bad attitude started last week. I have been working out fairly hard at the gym lately. I'm lifting a couple of times a week and I've been fighting with my nemesis, cardio, 3 or 4 times a week. I even was able to get to 3 miles in 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, my all time record. And because I've been at the gym so often I've become used to myself in almost no makeup and have been wearing nothing but sweats around. But one day last week on the elliptical machine, I looked at the mirrors and noticed that my body has changed. It's not anything that probably anybody else would notice, but my body has changed. And I was excited.

So that morning after my workout I decided to get dressed in something other than sweats. I get home after my workout, and hit the shower. I was feeling so confident I decided to weigh myself. Son of a...!

I'm still at my all time high!

Oh well...I look different. And, muscle does supposedly weigh more than fat.

So I take my shower, and pull out a pair of jeans. The jeans are too tight. So I pull out another pair, my "big girl" pair. They are too tight. I try on every pair of button-up pants I own. THEY ARE ALL TOO TIGHT!!!! Son of a Bitch!!! I have to go jean shopping!

Needless to say I did. And it sucked. And I had to buy a size larger than normal.

I told my friend Tina this story and she got this puzzled look on her face and said, "Just don't quit. This is exactly the time that most people quit, and I swear the weight will start coming off. You are doing so well. I'm so impressed with how much you're doing. Just don't quit!"

And I won't. I just can't help but wondering if it ever is going to come off. I keep looking at the picture of myself the last time I worked out this hard. It did it for 4 months. And ironically I was the biggest I'd ever been...until now.

2 comments:

LiveLee said...

i think Tina is right...
i think you're not eating enough.

Dan said...

Kelly, I surfed in from Joy's. You didn't blow a diet. You blow a diet when you get off it permanently.

Don't get discouraged because of one or two bumps in the road. Hang in there! And Happy Valentine's Day. :)