Friday, March 09, 2007

Future MILF: Weekly Weigh-In Why?

This week has been a rough week filled with illness and missing spouses and messed up cars and crazy children. And ironically my scale has reflected this.

Weight loss: down 2 + up 2 + up2 + down 2= same weight.

Really ladies. Why are we weighing?

On the gym front I came to the realization the one day I was there. I'm still invisible. Pay attention to, ladies, the next time you're with a hot skinny friend, and people come up to the both of you to talk. Someday, you will notice that they don't even look at you when you respond to a question they've asked. They only listen to and look at your hot friend. And it's not just limited to the young dumb jocks...apparently creepy old ladies have this issue to. And then you realize that you're the "friend" they have to be nice to in order to get to talk to your hot friend. Talk about feeling degraded. And it occurs to you...you have become invisible.

I tell you as someone who has only in the past year become invisible...it's the creepiest feeling. It makes me glad that when I was not "the invisible girl" I used and abused my power for the good of all of my friends and myself. Memories of past power seem to be the thing that keeps me going during these new uncomfortable experiences.

Remember the time I stole your beer while you were looking right at me??? Yeah, that was for future me.

Remember the time I stole your cigarettes for a girlfriend while you were looking right at me??? Yeah, that was also for future me.

Remember the time I got you to help me move or help me with my car or help me with a home repair??? Yeah, those were definitely for future invisible me you son of a b*tch!

No, I'm not bitter. Well just a little maybe. Maybe that's why I was so aggressive in my last post.

And looking back over my past abuses I think, maybe I've given myself some bad karma.

Something to ponder anyway.

On the food front I discovered a new tasty snack:

Love them! It has only 50 calories a bag/no fat. For someone who is too lazy to make cinnamon apple chips themselves this is a great alternative. And if you need a crunchy something' with a sandwich, this would be a great alternative to very fatty and nutritional pointless chips. Finally, looking for something for a kid’s lunch? These would be a perfect addition. My only complaint is I really have to eat two bags to get satisfaction as each bag only contains 0.5 oz. I'd love to find these in bigger portions.

Well that's all for this week. I'm off to the gym to be ignored to work out. It's going to hurt. But I'll probably feel better afterwards...maybe.

3 comments:

LiveLee said...

Where did you find the yummy apple chips? i always want the crunchy!

Butrfly4404 said...

I've been on both sides of that fence myself. I was kind of a wallflower until Mid-HS. Then I learned that I was hot (!? ME !?). That was some power, lemme tell ya! I remember being able to get whatever I want just because I was good looking (and remembered what it felt like for people to not even notice me - which made the power trip worse).

Now, I guess I am ignored again. I've been in a relationship for years (don't ask me to figure that out, we'll just say five), so I don't, thankfully, have to worry about feeling actually rejected by someone. But, I really do miss all the attention I used to get. It's amazing how much nicer people are to you when they find you attractive - even creepy old ladies!

Maybe the gym is the best place to be invisible anyway. You can get all sweaty and nasty - getting a real good workout - and not have to worry about who's impressed!

Butrfly4404 said...

PS - I tried to apple chips and LOVE them. I have Oral Allergy Syndrome and haven't had a fresh apple in almost ten years - so the little chips are just heavenly for me! Ninja Boy digs 'em too!