Friday, March 30, 2007

Future MILF: Weekly Weigh-In

Weight: Well I'm a sucker and I did weigh in...down a pound. Which only takes me to being within one pound of where I was before my vacation. So I guess technically, I gained one pound on vacation? I don't know. I'm going with that.

Exercise:
Saturday: Lifted 45 minutes
Monday: Heavy lifting 1 hour; 20 minutes cardio on bike
Tuesday: Yoga/Pilates class that makes you sweat 1 hour
Wednesday - Heavy, heavy lifting 1 1/2 hours
Thursday - Spinning Class - 45 minutes (my butt still hurts).
I still need to get in one more cardio. I'm either going to go to spinning class Saturday morning at 8 or the elliptical today or tomorrow for 30 minutes. We'll see...

Diet: I started out strong with my new diet but Wednesday I had 2 pieces of thin-crusted cheese pizza and yesterday I had sushi (not really so bad...but I did have the ice dessert that night and sushi's not on the diet!). And tonight da husband and I are going out with friends for...sushi, again! I don't care. I love sushi!

In preparation for dinner I did a little research. The popular California Roll is about 270 calories. I had another roll called a Keaton and when you add the cream cheese factor to this my guess would be that it was about 370-400 calories. Anything with fried fish in it you can assume 500-600 calories per role. So tonight I think I'll order the New York (just like California only it's shrimp instead of crab), some edamame at 160 calories and maybe some Miso soup at 85 calories. Or maybe I'll have a cucumber at 136 calories or avocado roll at 140 calories...I don't know, I don't know! I'm getting hungry! How about you?

This rambling about what I'm going to eat for dinner during the breakfast hour reminds me of my family. There are many of us in my family who get crazy hungry right before each meal. We're grumpy, sullen, and not pleasant. But we will talk about food pleasantly as if we're reviewing a great piece of art. My Dad, who is one of the crazy, used to joke after one of these food discussions, "I think we are all fat people just dying to get out!"

Well Dad, I'm out!

But I'm trying to go back in. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Butrfly4404 said...

Good for you! One more down! Like all the vacation food (almost) never happened!