Friday, March 02, 2007

Give me strength

For the past few days I've had trouble staying focused. It's been about 2 months and with still no weight loss and my clothes getting nothing but tighter, I'm having trouble staying motivated. I am trying to make it to that 4-month marker. My husband's friend at work says that her Doctor told her when you simply change your lifestyle (yeah like there's anything simple about it) via nutrition and exercise, sometimes for some women it takes up to four months before the weight starts to come off.

But at times, like when my saboteur comes over, I want to just succumb. Succumbing to me means one of two things: Dropping my calories down to 1200 and starving myself to skinny or stuffing my face with crap. Last night, I stuffed my face with crap. And it was good... And you would think I'd feel better, but I don't. I feel worse.

So today I'm going to white knuckle it. I'm going to try to write out the negativity that's in me. I'm going to start my food day with my egg white oatmeal, move on to the gym, and carefully check everything I put into my mouth to make sure that I'm sticking to my plan of living well, not living skinny!

And hopefully by putting this down for the world to see, I will actually do it! God I hope so. Give me strength...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

test

Butrfly4404 said...

Hey, girl! Keep your head up!

Haha, so easy, right?

I have zero motivation right now. I gained back the six pounds I've lost with Round Two, so that was discouraging. I think that sometimes it's better to just hold out where you're at than to try to push yourself harder (I'm a big "lunch skipper"...thinking at the time it will save me some calories...then I head to the vending machine). That's my plan, really. Not a very motivational one, but I'm just going to try to hold out until I'm not sick anymore and get a little motivation back. Better than gaining, right??