Monday, March 26, 2007

Rambling about being bored, eating, and such

I'm trying to cram in a quickie before I have to leave this morning. No...that's not what I'm talking about. Geez...get your head out of the gutter people!

Anyway, I feel totally rejuvinated after my week off of the plan. I was really getting burned out and quite frankly I was totally not doing well in the eating front. I think I was eating OK, but I was not tracking anything so who really knows.

While I was gone I went back in time to the girl who was naturally skinny and lived life as such. It was such a relief not to think about food and dieting all of the time, and to be so busy that I didn't really eat out of boredom.

I think that's my big problem. I have plenty of stuff to do, but my brain is not busy. And I really don't know how to solve this problem. I've filled my time with bookclub, blogging, dinner club, coffee hours, and the gym. But I'm still really unsatisfied. I've thought of going back to work, but my husbands schedule is so insane that I would get no support. My workload would become equivalent to that of all of you single Mom's out there. And why would I deliberately go there? I'm going to at least wait for Big D to get sick of me or I sick of him before I get myself into that situation.

Besides if I'm as busy as I am now and am still unsatisfied, is it really because I'm not stimulated from lack of working outside of the home? Or is it because nothing will satisfy me? And why is that? I don't know. If I knew my problem would be solved.

So as you can see, I still have the problem with feeling unfulfilled and bored and obsessing over food because of it. I guess I need to still think and write about it some more.

Suffer along with me will you?

Any of you out there with a similar problem?

1 comment:

Butrfly4404 said...

Well, I often think that quitting my job would give me **all the free time in the world**. But then, there's the whole MONEY thing. And now that I know there's no time in it, either....!

:) I think we all struggle with something similar. It's really a matter of finding what makes you happy!