Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spin this New Flirty Receptionist Guy!

So finally Tina talked me into going to a spinning class. Actually it was my idea, and she prevented me from chickening out. Chickening out? I was terrified. I completely did not sleep well last night thinking about it. And about until 1/2 through the class I was not enjoying it.

But that's one thing I can say about the spinning class. About 1/2 through you get the adrenaline buzz. I liked it, and quite frankly I haven't gotten the buzz in a long time. I think I've gotten too used to what I've been doing.

Long story short, I ended up really enjoying the class even though I was completely drenched in sweat. And we all know, I do not like to sweat!

And since I'm talking about the gym, we've gotten a replacement guy for the Flirty Receptionist Guy. He, however, doesn't hold a candle to the old one. Yesterday when Tina and I were lifting they were playing this hideous teen-age techno music. Not the good techno music with the heavy guitar rift, but the kind that only 13-year-old teen-age girls like. When Tina complained to the girl at the front desk she turned to the new guy and said, "See...nobody likes that music!"
He replied, "But that's what all the gyms are playing."

Oh New Flirty Receptionist Guy, you are sorely mistaken. When you are working out, I don't care who you are, you need a heavy guitar rift to bring out the testosterone in testosterzone and get you going. Everybody knows that. I think it's time for you to go.

Next!

On the diet front I was doing really well until last night. It was 6pm, I was starving, and my son said to me, "Can we order pizza?"

"Why yes my boy, we can!"

I was 1/2 through my 2nd piece of cheese thin-crusted pizza, my favorite kind, and I thought...wait a minute. What am I doing? I just blew it.

Oh well, I was back on track this morning.

Baby steps.

Oh and by the way, son you are off the favorite list.

1 comment:

Butrfly4404 said...

You can usually fit stuff like that it without completely "blowing it"...Sparkpeople recommends having a salad with a piece of pizza. ME? I eat half. Seriously. HALF THE FRICKEN PIZZA. (Only thin crust, though).

That's another thing I'm not sure I'd love about the gym is sharing air with other people. Haha, or having to listen to their conversations, music, etc. (really, I'm not evil, just a loner.)