Monday, April 23, 2007

"Friend"

This weekend I went to dinner at a friend's house. She had invited other friends. One our other friends has started to workout at well. And that "friend" has lost about 17 pounds, which is awesome, really awesome.

So just last week said "friend" started journaling about his food intake. Because of his journaling he is becoming really aware of how his food intake affects his weight. He was asking for tips on eating, and we were all throwing in our two cents. I said something. I don't remember what my tip was, but I was raised by a nutrition Nazi so I know it was brilliant.

He replied with, "I don't know why I should listen to you. You've lost nothing!"

Yeah, he's been moved to the "friend" category. After my struggles with this weight thing, friends without the quotes know better to say stuff like that to my face, even if they are thinking it!

3 comments:

Sassy said...

Cheeky b*****d. Yeah, you heard right. I hate it when people do that to me... "friend" indeed. (*blows him a big raspberry on Kelly's behalf*)

CRB-H said...

All I can say is "WHAT THE HELL!" My mouth actually fell open. Hate people like that...

Butrfly4404 said...

Screw Him.

Haven't you ever watched Biggest Loser? Guys can stop drinking beer or soda and lose 20 pounds. No big feat.

Kelly, I was joking the first time I said that about your heart, but really: I haven't lost any weight either. I know I'm capable of weighing less than this because I just did a few years ago. But I know that inside I am healthier. Maybe I'm not as sexy as I'd like to be, but I am healthier than I was - no matter what, and that's a start.

Really, though..he can totally shove it!