Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Step One: We admitted we were powerless over our addiction...

I've decided that I've gotten myself on a bad sugar trend. I'm keeping the sugar consumption within my calories, but I'm starting to get the cravings. Thoughts like, "I could have this candy bar and skip lunch..." are running through my head as I stand in line at the grocery store. It started back on the weekend where I finished off my son's b-day cupcakes in one day. They were fantastic, and I ate nothing else the rest of the day in a pure panic. I haven't had a repeat of that fateful day since, but the craving to do so is still there. How long can the willpower possibly last?

So, starting today I going for something drastic. I'm getting rid of the sugar. Well actually, I'm getting rid of all of the grains and the sugar. I'm only doing it for a few days. I'm not a crazy woman! I'm hoping that getting rid of these foods will only have to last a few days to get rid of the cravings. I'm already not thinking clearly, and I'm deathly afraid of slipping tonight once the kids are in bed, and I get bored.

I sure do love my evening yogurt.

Mmmmmmm..................Yogurt......................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And right now? I'm so twitchy. I can't stop thinking of those yummy fiber one bars that are in my pantry.

Mmmmmmmm..... chocolate, peanut butter.....mmmmmmmmm.

Stop!

Can you believe I'm only 1/2 through day one?

I don't know how you South Beachers make it through two whole weeks of this nonsense!

I'm going to the gym.

1 comment:

Butrfly4404 said...

That's what I'm doing, too. Just for a week or so, NO MORE SNACK FOOD. I was joking kinda when I published that picture of my "healthy" snack, but I really do eat those things EVERY DAY. Like, while I'm waiting for dinner. Preparing my big tummy for more food, I guess.

Just bad news. I'll Ban The Junk with you...want to go a whole week?

(Btw, I rationalize the same thing with candy bars - a salted nut roll has all those peanuts and protein, it's gotta work as a meal replacement, right?? No?)