Friday, May 18, 2007

Future MILF: Weekly Weigh-In

Weight:???????

Workout:
Saturday--45 minutes spin class; 30 minutes family walk
Sunday--Nada
Monday--45 minutes spin class
Tuesday--1 hour weight training
Wednesday--Nada
Thursday--45 minutes weight training; 30 minutes elliptical
Friday--Nada

Diet: Before I want to talk about diet I want to talk about the scale. As you can see I got rid of my scale. It's the weirdest feeling. At first I was in a state of panic. I felt completely out of control. I even got on-line looking at scales. But now 6 days have past. And I haven't had one scale-induced bad mood.

For me it has been the worst feeling in the world to work so hard and show no difference on the scale. In fact I was starting to believe all of the naysayers out there that I was lying to myself. The paranoia had started to set in. I had images of myself in a hunger induced trance standing in the kitchen eating in the middle of the night like that one show they had on Dateline about sleep-eating or was it 20/20? I mean there was no logical explanation for me not to be losing weight, and it had to be my fault didn't it? Somehow?

But then I smashed up my scale.

And after the panic subsided a nice pattern kicked in. I've started obsessing less about the food going into my body. I'm eating only if I'm hungry. A couple of times this week I've even started to recognize when I'm full.

I seem to be eating to fuel my body, rather than eating to fill a food or diet quota. It's crazy! I don't know if I'd call it a breakthrough or not as I've only been scaleless for a week. And who knows if this will last. But it certainly made this week better! Once I even looked in the mirror at myself and smiled. What tha? When was the last time that happened?

Anyway,

Diet: Doin' good! Eatin' well! And feeling better.

Question for the MILF ladies: Care to join me???

2 comments:

Lotta said...

Good for you! I wish I could..but I'm hooked.

Simone ( Exercising for comments) said...

Right on - I took mine to school and left it there.Now I have not weithed myself in 2 weeks.