Thursday, June 14, 2007

alli vs. the Wulong

As you may remember, I've dropped my calories to 1200-1500 per day since Saturday. And I've been averaging about 13-1400 per day. And, I've been drinking my Wulong tea twice a day after 2 of my main meals. And so far I've lost one pound. Gee I hope I didn't just jinx this by telling you before Friday what I've lost.

Anyway, at about day three I got an advertisement in the mail for alli. To be more precise the cover on the pamphlet said "alli: join the revolution."

Ooooooooooooooo.

I like a good revolution.

So I did a little research. Here's what I found:

"Taken at meal-time, alli works by blocking about 25 per cent of the fat in the food a person eats. Because of the way it works, alli must be used in conjunction with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet containing about 15 grams of fat per meal. The guides and information supplied in the alli package help the consumer to control the amount of fat in their meals, and to follow an appealing, reduced-calorie, low-fat diet. "

Now there can be some side-effects...

"Users should take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime, because alli can reduce the absorption of some vitamins."

and

"Consuming a meal with too much fat, while taking alli , can result in bowel changes such as having an urgent need to use the bathroom. These changes, called treatment effects, generally occur in the first weeks of treatment, are not harmful, and can be managed by following the recommended diet with about 15 grams of fat per meal."

But my brochure made it seem less harsh with this simple picture...


OK...not eating too much fat. Hmmmmmm.... Isn't that what a diet is? I don't know. But I have to diet and take your pill? Really?

Anyway, I think this is what I'm going to do.

I'm going to have a little experiment.

I'll finish out my week with the diet and the Wulong (which is supposed to do the same thing). And starting this Saturday, I'll switch over to alli.

Now I know the first week is a little biased as you always lose the most the first week...but this isn't real science now is it?

Aren't you just excited to see which week causes me to lose more weight?

I am! I'd be excited to just lose another pound next week!lol

1 comment:

Butrfly4404 said...

Hahah...I just read a post on this the other day...

http://formervalleygirl.blogspot.com/2007/06/caution-expletives-below.html


Funny.

I'm glad you're willing to experiment for everyone else!

Congrats on the weightloss as well!