Monday, June 04, 2007

Wulong, Oolong, Could it be wrong?

I am constantly looking for new products to try to benefit my diet and recently have become aware of Wulong (oolong) tea. I have always loved tea, but have had to give it up because of my body's aversion to caffeine. But then I read this article about the tea. In it it states that "oolong tea has half the caffeine of green tea." I was starting to get excited that maybe I had finally found something I could drink. And then I read this...

"
japanese women who consumed oolong tea for 6 weeks and saw a reduction in weight"

and this

"
it involved 11 japanese women who consumed either water, green matcha tea, or oolong tea after a meal. the results were interesting. oolong tea appeared to increase energy expenditure by 10%, green tea by 4%, and water not at all. this means that you burn more fat when you drink oolong or green tea after a meal."

Whadiddy, wha, wha, wha???

Yeah...I'm totally in. So I ordered some.
After I ordered it I read this in the comments:

"I have been drinking oolong tea at least 4-6 cups per day during the past holiday season, with meal or anytime I want to eat snack... To my delight, the pant size is drop one whole size!"

Cross your fingers people!

I'll keep you updated.

Well as soon as my scale arrives.

Oh...and it tastes really good too. But I seem to be having the same sleep issues that I have when I drink caffeine. Maybe I'll stop drinking it by noon.

Unless I drop a whole pant size.

You know...I'm not completely crazy.






1 comment:

Butrfly4404 said...

Ooh! You should try drinking a cup after breakfast and lunch and two glasses of water after dinner!

I would be so upset if I couldn't have caffeine! How do you get up in the morning!?