Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The dilema

When I first started gaining weight I stopped buying clothes. I wouldn't let myself have anything new or nice until I got the weight off. But then the weight wouldn't come off. So I started buying clothes.

At first I would only buy the cheap one's. Then I got sick of that and started buying nicer things. I figured that if they weight wouldn't come off, then I should at least try to make myself look as good as possible.

So now I have some favorite's that I love. I put these clothes on, and I forget that I'm over-weight. Only when pictures are taken am I reminded.

But now I've started losing weight.

And last night to go out to dinner with my ladies I put on one of my favorite pair of pants.

They were too big! They were not dramatically too big, but they were big enough that I had to use a belt to cinch them in. And then I panicked, for I know that in 5 more pounds they'll be way to big. And I love these pants! Really love them!

Maybe I'll get them altered.

I knew I shouldn't have bought any clothes until I lost some more weight.

Save your money Big D.

5 more pounds and the shopping will begin!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Hooray for you! Yeah, I remember that feeling, but then I gained it back after my hysterectomy, so.....back where I started. Good for you, though, I truly love stories like these.

Butrfly4404 said...

I know exactly what you mean. I wore maternity clothes for a long time (mixed with The Man's) because I didn't want to buy clothes to be fat in. Then, my SIL gave me a bunch of clothes from before she lost her weight. I've bought a few things here and there as I lost the weight - I had to have a pair of pants that fit me well - but I didn't buy a lot. I buy more clothes NOW because I have NONE and I'm sick of it. I've been stuck at this weight for over a year, so it's ridiculous to keep acting like it's going to melt off soon. But what REALLY gets me is that I'm only seven pounds away from PrePreg. weight. And then my old clothes would fit again. I don't understand why this effin seven pounds wouldn't come off (wouldn't because I WAS trying - not anymore.)

ANYWAY - enough of my bitching! GOOD FOR YOU!! If you really love them, get them altered. Then you'll have a good reason to keep the weight off, too!