Friday, July 20, 2007

MILF Weekly Weigh-In

Weight: 154, Down .8.
Diet: Same but struggling to keep it that way. I've have been crazy starving this week! I don't know what the deal is. Maybe too many carbs? Who knows.
Exercise: Negatives at the gym 2x, Running once.

Fridays are a struggle for me. All week I weigh 153.something and Friday comes, and I'm always up. But Saturday, I'm back down to what I was during the week. I think my body is playing a little trick with me, but if this is some sort of motivation trick...I'm not interested!

On another note, Tina and I have been doing negatives at the gym lately. For those of you who don't know, negatives work your slow muscles instead of your quick muscles. Basically it's just like regular lifting only you release your lift really, really slowly. And you tend to have to lift a little lighter because it's a LOT harder.

The first time I heard about quick muscles and slow muscles was on some infomercial with the Walker, Texas Ranger guy. It was late, late at night. I had come home from a night out of fun and libations, and there was Chuck in his muscle bound glory demonstrating his latest workout gadget. And as it usually happens when I'm drunk I was fascinated by his infomercial. I vowed to try to work my slow muscles as well as the quick one's which at the time I wasn't working at all.

And as it usually happened, the drunk vow I made didn't make it to sobriety until last week when Tina said, "Let's try something different." Owwwwy ouch ouch ouch! Muscles that have never been sore before (like my back and shoulder muscles) became seriously painful. And muscles that are always sore after a workout (like my triceps) hit a new level of pain, the level where you can't even make yourself lift your arms. Yeah, last week was a seriously painful week.

But this week, things have improved. I'm still sore, but only mildly. It's amazing how quickly a body adapts to changes. I guess that's why they say that one needs to change up their workout often.

Anyway, how was your week?

I'd love to pass out some more awards....I'll be watching!

No comments: